My Chemical Romance members Hope to Return to the Studio Soon, Continue Side-projects

UPDATE: September 28, 2011 @ 12:40 p.m.

I was just sent a scan of the original Kerrang! article.

In the language Kerrang!, the original story source, used, the side-project aspect was less of a highlight than NME's report:
"And while the band members are all concentrating on My Chemical Romance for now, Frank believes that one day, they may each explore other projects--similar to his 2009 Leathermouth album XO-- before returning to the fold."
Kerrang! Magazine

ORIGINAL POST: September 28, 2011 @ 11:54 a.m.
According to NME, citing the latest issue of Kerrang!, Frank Iero of My Chemical Romance has said the band hopes to make a quick return to the studio, but will also continue with their side-projects.

Iero had told Kerrang!:
"We're being very creative right now. There are some really bright and creative things going on. At every soundcheck, we're coming up with new pieces of music that could turn into something incredible. So we're hoping to get into the studio soon and really harness that."

While My Chemical Romance has been working diligently on new material, Iero also said, according to NME, that he can see a future for his band LeATHERMOUTH and other creative outlets his bandmates in MCR could take beyond the band:

"I can see the other guys branching off and doing other things. Gerard has his writing, and he has plans for that, but he wants to direct too. And Ray is such an incredible talent. I'd love to see him get the credit he's due. I can see us branching off, but always coming back to this."

The Kerrang! issue excerpt says, "My Chemical Romance hint at new material and side-projects."

XoXo
c.

NOTE: As soon as I can find scans of Kerrang!, I will have a better handle on the facts. I'm not a big fan of NME's online spins. Thanks for your patience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONTEST: Win a set of My Chemical Romance action figures, a signed t-shirt or a MASScanvas shirt!

My Chemical Romance Mystery Twitter Accounts

Dear Bob Bryar: In Honor of Dixie