"I’m definitely not taking a break" - Gerard Way talks future musical ventures



Note: This post has been backdated. I originally posted this on AltPress.com May 22, 2013 at 6:24 p.m. ET


In a new article from Yahoo! Music, former My Chemical Romance frontman and newly announced AP 300 cover star Gerard Way talks about his post-MCR musical work.

While remaining vague about the direction his work is taking ("I’m just trying to figure out exactly what I’m supposed to do. I take a cue from the universe and I think about that pretty deeply and go with my gut 100 percent."), the singer expressed that he's "usually up until a minimum of 2 a.m. writing music" these days. What he does reveal is that he does not foresee his musical works becoming a solo project.

"I’ve never seen myself as a solo guy. Some of my favorite artists, like Nick Cave and Tom Waits, are so far beyond me right now and I feel that if I was going to do something like what they do, I’d have to be a lot older and I’d need a lot more life experience. So I don’t feel like doing that. It just doesn’t feel right."

The Yahoo! article's primary focus is The Aquabats! Super Show! episode that Way directed, which will air June 1 at 1 p.m. EDT. Way originally revealed his working on the episode in a podcast with Kevin Smith last December. You can find full details of the death metal adventure featuring former MCR bassist Mikey Way as the frontman of the antagonist band, Asthma, there.

Alternative Press #300 featuring My Chemical Romance
Our July issue, AP #300 features our first My Chemical Romance cover story, completely reimagined by Gerard, along with an exclusive short story, H.E.X., by him that you can only read in our pages. Preorders are available now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CONTEST: Win a set of My Chemical Romance action figures, a signed t-shirt or a MASScanvas shirt!

My Chemical Romance Mystery Twitter Accounts

Dear Bob Bryar: In Honor of Dixie